Ideal job

Hi! When I was in freshman year I was obsessed with the TV show “Criminal minds”. The plot of this series is about a FBI team that works on finding serial killers based on their personality profile and since then I have wanted to become a psychologist.

At first I wanted to be a forensic psychologist, because the show had some characters that work on that and I found it a really fun job, but then I started studying psychology at college and now I like more the social/community area. I am not saying that I don’t want to work in the forensic area but I think that I want to know more about other branches of psychology and then choose wisely.

I would like to do this job because I think that in our Chilean society mental health is taken as something not important or like is our personal responsibility, but I believe that we need to learn that some mental issues appear because of the productive and constantly competitive system that we live in. For this kind of job, professionals need to be comprehensive and patient. I think that the reward of this career is about taking care of a mentally broken society and I would like to contribute in having happier and less conformist people.

 


Comentarios

  1. I agree with you, the productive and competitive system that we have, make that the mental issues are in background

    ResponderEliminar
  2. What a good blog, I also like that area of psychology, greetings.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Cinema & films

The future of my studies

Favorite holidays