English language

I had the opportunity to go to a bilingual school, but I never cared that much about the language. That changed when I turned 11 because I started to like a British group a lot, but I couldn't understand anything of what they were saying. Since then I gave the idiom a chance and started studying really hard.

I think I used to know more about English back in those days, now I have lost a lot of practice. I need to improve in my pronunciation and I feel that this is linked to the fact that I am ashamed to speak English in front of people that I know and do not know. I consume a lot of the English-speaking entertainment industry and constantly learn new vocabulary and how to pronounce it, but I still get anxious. The truth is that I have not thought of a plan to improve my English because it is not a language that I face very often, but the subject of English this semester at college has helped me a lot, especially because I don’t feel that much embarrassed when doing activities in small groups (because the members are close friends). Plus, next semester i will have again an English subject, that will also help me improve my pronunciation.

Outside of English class I don't use the language that much. Sometimes I make inside jokes that me and my sisters took out of shows that we used to watch when we were younger and a lot of them are in English. I also face the idiom when I listen to music these days and some TV shows that I have watched recently.


Comentarios

  1. Music and TV shows are good ways to face English

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I guess you learn English with One direction haha, I have a similar story! I lost the practice.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. i agree sometimes is hard to speak in front of other people, i forgot a lot of things when i´m talking or doing a presentation

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I don't like to watch the series in English, greetings

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Cinema & films

The future of my studies

Favorite holidays